- From sitting pose bend the right leg and press its heel against the navel.
- Bend the left leg and place the foot flat in the ground beyond the right knee.
- Cross the right hand over the left leg and grab the toe of the left leg with the right hand.
- Turn the trunk and neck to the left side.
- Encircle the waist with the left hand.
Repeat on the other side.
- Like peacock pose and spinal twist pose the blood circulation in the back is enhanced.
- The muscle flexibility increases, the vertebrae and discs are stretched.
- Nerves are freed from tension.
- Nerves in the neck which connect the brain with the different parts of the body are toned.
- Leg muscles become supple.
- Good for constipation, dyspepsia, diabetes, secretion of the adrenal glands.
- Enhances back circulation.
- Increasing vitality and calmness.
- Tremendous pressure on abdomen and strain on the knees. Practice after ensuring that these organs will bear the strain.
- Back problems, abdominal surgery, hip joint problems, weakness in the knees, pregnancy, menstruation.