- Pre-pose Hansasana.
- From Hansasana, bring the shoulders and face downwards and slide (shift) the torso forward to raise the toes above the ground.
- Maintain the body horizontal and then try to elevate the legs higher.
- In the final position the weight of the body is balanced by the muscles of the abdomen and not the chest.
- Metabolic process is stimulated, all the digestive organs are massaged and digestion is improved.
- Useful for flatulence, constipation, diabetes, sluggishness of the liver, kidneys and spleen.
- Endocrine system is balanced.
- Stimulates elimination of toxins from the blood.
- Removal of skin conditions such as boils.
- All muscles of the body are strengthened.
- The three doshas are balanced.
Weak forearms, weak wrists, weak abdomen, recent surgical operations, high blood pressure, heart disease, ulcer, physical weakness, pregnancy, menstruation, hernia.