- From standing pose, stretch the hands sideways and bring them to horizontal to the ground.
- Bend the torso forward.
- Raise the left leg up to bring it in line with the trunk. The whole body is kept parallel to the floor. Right leg is kept stiff and perpendicular to the floor. Stretch the arms as if two persons are pulling from both sides.
- Helps to contract and tone the abdominal organs.
- Makes the leg muscles more shapely and sturdy.
- Good for runners as it gives vigour and agility.
- Balancing and good for concentration.
- Arms, hips, leg muscles are strengthened.
- Abdominal organs toned up.
- Improves standing position and posture. We usually stand by keeping weight on heels, this hampers spinal elasticity and cause the abdomen to protrude which lessens body and mental agility. This asana helps one to stand firmly on the soles and gives agility.
High BP, heart disease, weak ankles.