- In supine pose stretch the left hand above the head and turn (roll over) to the left side
- Raise the head, bend the left hand in the elbow and place the left palm below the left ear to support the head, neck, shoulders and torso which are raised up.
- Bend the right leg at the knee and place the sole of the right foot on the inner side of the left thigh.
- Stretch the right leg and right hand vertically up.
Release the pose in the reverse way.
Practice from the other side.
- Muscles of the sides of the body are stretched and made flexible.
- Obesity of the thighs and hips can be reduced and these areas stretched.
- Hamstrings, inner thigh and abdominal muscles are stretched and relaxed, increasing their health and efficiency.
- Helps for development of the pelvis.
This posture should be avoided in case of slipped disc or cervical spondylitis. In cases of sciatica, guidance of an expert is a must.